- North of Iran (Shomal) is a favorite place of many Iranians.
- The two provinces of Mazandaran and Gilan in North have forests, mountains, and a coastal plain. They are between the Alborz Mountain and the southernmost shores of Caspian Sea so can go to the beach and skiing on the same day.
- The Caspian Sea is the biggest lake in the world and contains 44% of all the world's lake water. It is 170m (561 feet) deep, nearly twice as deep as the Persian Gulf.
Caspian Sea in Mazandaran
- Due to rain, main crops are rice, tea, and cotton. Delicious juicy oranges and other citrus fruits are from Mazandaran. Caviar, salmon, pike and perch are also found here.
- In southern Mazandaran, wide range of wildlife exist including leopards, tigers, wild boar, and jackal.
- If you would like to enjoy the beaches of Caspian Sea, view of beautiful forests , go hiking, skiing, and take advantage of cold and hot mineral springs, make a trip to Northern Iran.
- Some of highlights in north are Rasht, Anzali Lagoon, historical and traditional village of Masouleh, tea farms of Lahijan, and Ramsar.