- Gracious hospitality is part of the character of the Iranian people, and a characteristic as old as history itself.
- In a private home or in a mosque, the best food is saved to be served to the guests.
Traditional meal setting
- The guest is considered as a gift from God, so the best food, the most comfortable seat or chair is saved for the guest.
- Host/hostess never sits at the head of the table, the host stays in the background to make sure the guests have everything they need and are having a good time. No host sits while a guest is standing..
- For trying Iranian cuisine, you can purchase cookbooks here.